Find a Pro in Medford, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Medford, Oregon. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Medford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Medford, Oregon
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Medford, Oregon, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.