Find a Pro in Powell Butte, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Powell Butte, Oregon. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Powell Butte
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Powell Butte, Oregon
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Powell Butte, Oregon. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.