Find a Pro in Stayton, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Stayton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Stayton, OR
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Stayton, OR. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.