Find a Pro in The Dalles, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // The Dalles
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in The Dalles, Oregon
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in The Dalles, Oregon. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.