Find a Pro in Chepachet, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // Chepachet
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Chepachet, RI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Chepachet, RI. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.