Find a Pro in Cranston, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Cranston, Rhode Island. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // Cranston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Cranston, Rhode Island
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Cranston, Rhode Island. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Cranston, Rhode Island. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.