Find a Pro in Exeter, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // Exeter
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Exeter, RI
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Exeter, RI. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.