Find a Pro in North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // North Kingstown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near North Kingstown, RI
If you need roofing maintenance services in North Kingstown, RI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.