Find a Pro in North Scituate, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // North Scituate
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near North Scituate, Rhode Island
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in North Scituate, Rhode Island. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in North Scituate, Rhode Island. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.