Find a Pro in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Portsmouth, RI. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // Portsmouth
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Portsmouth, RI
If you need roofing maintenance services in Portsmouth, RI, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.