Find a Pro in Rumford, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // Rumford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Rumford, Rhode Island
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Rumford, Rhode Island. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Rumford, Rhode Island. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.