Find a Pro in Harrisburg, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Harrisburg, SD. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // South Dakota // Harrisburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Harrisburg, SD
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Harrisburg, SD. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.