Find a Pro in Hill City, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Hill City, SD. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // South Dakota // Hill City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hill City, SD
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Hill City, SD, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.