Find a Pro in Bluff City, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Bluff City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Bluff City, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Bluff City, Tennessee. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.