Find a Pro in Brighton, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Brighton, TN. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Brighton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Brighton, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Brighton, TN. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.