Find a Pro in College Grove, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // College Grove
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in College Grove, Tennessee
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in College Grove, Tennessee. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in College Grove, Tennessee. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.