Find a Pro in Dyer, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Dyer, Tennessee. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Dyer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Dyer, Tennessee
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Dyer, Tennessee. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.