Find a Pro in Ellendale, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Ellendale
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Ellendale, Tennessee
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Ellendale, Tennessee. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.