Find a Pro in Finger, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Finger
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Finger, TN
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Finger, TN. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.