Find a Pro in Gates, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Gates
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Gates, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Gates, TN. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gates, TN. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.