Find a Pro in Gordonsville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Gordonsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Gordonsville, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Gordonsville, Tennessee. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gordonsville, Tennessee. Find the right contractor for your house right away.