Find a Pro in Hilham, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Hilham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Hilham, TN
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Hilham, TN. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Hilham, TN. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.