Find a Pro in Hohenwald, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Hohenwald
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hohenwald, TN
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Hohenwald, TN. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.