Find a Pro in Jonesborough, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Jonesborough
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Jonesborough, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Jonesborough, TN. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.