Find a Pro in Knoxville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Knoxville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Knoxville, TN
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Knoxville, TN. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.