Find a Pro in Luttrell, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Luttrell, TN. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Luttrell
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Luttrell, TN
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Luttrell, TN, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.