Find a Pro in Lynchburg, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Lynchburg, TN. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Lynchburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lynchburg, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Lynchburg, TN. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Lynchburg, TN. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.