Find a Pro in Madison, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Madison
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Madison, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Madison, Tennessee. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.