Find a Pro in Martin, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Martin, Tennessee. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Martin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Martin, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Martin, Tennessee. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.