Find a Pro in Mc Ewen, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Mc Ewen, TN. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Mc Ewen
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Mc Ewen, TN
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Mc Ewen, TN. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.