Find a Pro in Memphis, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Memphis
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Memphis, Tennessee
When you need roofing maintenance services in Memphis, Tennessee, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Memphis, Tennessee. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.