Find a Pro in Parrottsville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Parrottsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Parrottsville, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Parrottsville, Tennessee. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.