Find a Pro in Saint Joseph, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Saint Joseph
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Saint Joseph, TN
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Saint Joseph, TN. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.