Find a Pro in Santa Fe, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Santa Fe
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Santa Fe, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Santa Fe, TN. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.