Find a Pro in Sharon, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Sharon, Tennessee. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Sharon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Sharon, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Sharon, Tennessee. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.