Find a Pro in Springfield, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Springfield, Tennessee. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Springfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Springfield, Tennessee
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Springfield, Tennessee, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.