Find a Pro in Ten Mile, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Ten Mile, Tennessee. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Ten Mile
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Ten Mile, Tennessee
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Ten Mile, Tennessee. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.