Find a Pro in Whitesburg, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Whitesburg, Tennessee. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Tennessee // Whitesburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Whitesburg, Tennessee
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Whitesburg, Tennessee. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Whitesburg, Tennessee. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.