Find a Pro in Andrews, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Andrews, Texas. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Andrews
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Andrews, Texas
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Andrews, Texas. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.