Find a Pro in Baird, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Baird
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Baird, TX
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Baird, TX. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.