Find a Pro in Baytown, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Baytown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Baytown, Texas
If you need roofing maintenance services in Baytown, Texas, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.