Find a Pro in Bloomington, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Bloomington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Bloomington, TX
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Bloomington, TX. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bloomington, TX. Find the right contractor for your home today.