Find a Pro in Brashear, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Brashear
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Brashear, TX
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Brashear, TX. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.