Find a Pro in Corrigan, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Corrigan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Corrigan, TX
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Corrigan, TX. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.