Find a Pro in Crawford, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Crawford, Texas. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Crawford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Crawford, Texas
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Crawford, Texas. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.