Find a Pro in Dalhart, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Dalhart
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Dalhart, TX
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Dalhart, TX. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.