Find a Pro in Dawson, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Dawson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Dawson, TX
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Dawson, TX. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.