Find a Pro in Electra, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Electra, TX. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Electra
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Electra, TX
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Electra, TX. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.