Find a Pro in Elgin, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Elgin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Elgin, Texas
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Elgin, Texas. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.