Find a Pro in Freer, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Freer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Freer, Texas
If you need roofing maintenance services in Freer, Texas, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.